Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Aebleskiver- YUM!

This morning my 12 yr old requested aebleskivers. I had attempted them probably about a year ago and felt that they did not turn out very well. However, my son remembers that they were SOOOO good. I figured I would try again and this time they were perfect!


Aebleskivers-
1 C whole wheat
2 T sugar (I want to try honey next time)
2 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1 egg
3/4 C milk (I want to try almond milk next time)
2 T olive oil
1 tsp vanilla

Combine dry ingredients and mix well. Add wet ingredients and mix until combined.
Heat aebleskiver pan over medium heat and have it prepared with cooking spray.
Fill each hole a little more than 1/2 full with batter. After it cooks for a minute or two do a 1/4 turn and continue to do that until it has formed a ball shape and is completely cooked. I used a skewer to turn it.
Top with syrup or powdered sugar.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...