Tuesday, August 19, 2008

TWD: Granola Grabbers



I joined this group called Tuesdays With Dorie that takes recipes from Dorie Greenspans cookbook Baking: From My Home to Yours every other week and tries them out. This week the recipe was Granola Grabbers.

One of the first ingredients is granola with no fruit. And well, I had none so I made the granola that is before this post. I also decided to make only 1/2 of the recipe and add mini M&M's instead of the coconut, wheat germ, and almonds because I was concerned that my kids wouldn't eat them all. But I did use whole wheat flour instead of white for a little healthy take.

The kids loved them but my mathematic abilities leave much to be desired. I never did well at fractions. What is half of 3/4 anyway? So needless to say they didn't cook up as pretty as a lot of the other bloggers who did it. But it was a fun beginning to my life at TWD. And they taste great!

6 comments:

Cristine said...

Welcome to TWD! I love how colorful your cookies are!

Marthe said...

Your grabbers look absolutely wonderful! I hadn't thought about adding m&m's in the mix, but it's a great idea!!

Pamela said...

Welcome to TWD!! The grabbers were great, and I found that I could not even detect the coconut once it was baked up, nor the wheat germ. They were so, so good.

Sharon said...

Welcome to TWD~ they look great. In answer to your question just double the number under the fraction.....works sometimes.

half of 3/4 is 3/8. Now when you get to the smaller sizes it can be an issue.

Anonymous said...

Welcome to TWD! M&M's ... now THAT'S an after-school cookie. ;)

Bungalow Barbara said...

Another recipe math hint -- if you're working with cups, convert to tablespoons first. 3/4 cup is 12 tablespoons. Figuring out half of 12 tablespoons is not so bad!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...