Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Honey Granola

I joined a group called Tuesdays With Dorie and the recipe for today was Granola Grabbers. Well, I didn't have any granola so I thought I would make some of my own. This turned out amazing. Now if I can just get my kids to be as excited about granola as they are about Frosted Flakes we will have incredible success!

Honey Granola

2 C Old fashioned rolled Oats
2 C Bob's Red Mill 5 Grain hot cereal
1/4 C raw pumpkin seeds
1/4 C flax seed
1/4 C raw sunflower seeds
1 C honey
2/3 C olive oil


Preheat oven to 300 degrees. Combine the oats, cereal, and seeds. Add the honey and olive oil and stir until completed coated. Put on a large jelly roll pan and bake for 20 minutes. Stir and then bake for another 10 minutes watching closely that it doesn't get too browned. When done turn out on the a sheet of foil to cool. When cool break up the clumps. Store in an airtight container or plastic bags for up to 3 weeks at room temperature or for longer storage put in the freezer.
This recipe can be altered a million ways. Add dried fruit, nuts or cinnamon for more flavor.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...