Here are the positive things:
*The batter was amazing! I could have just spooned the batter into my mouth until I was sick.
* The ganache that frosted them was great- chocolatey and yummy- My husband did spoon that into his mouth until he was sick!
* The kids loved them, although I am pretty convinced at this point that they will eat just about anything!
* They looked adorable- since I made them into really small cupcakes, which turned out to be a good thing. Why?
Here is the negative point:
*They were so incredibly dry that you had to have a drink to swallow them. If I had made them regular sized cupcakes we may have all choked to our deaths. The headline would read: Death by chocolate cupcake!
I don't know if it was something that I did wrong or that they were just dry. Maybe making them small made them dry out quicker....I have no idea. I think I will just stick to my regular chocolate chocolate cake recipe. It is amazingly moist and chocolatey.