Friday, September 17, 2010

Kale Chips

I jumped on the kale chip bandwagon today. I had a pretty good crop in my backyard and wasn't eating it fast enough in green smoothies. I am also worried that our beautiful sunny days are going to be short lived and frost is just around the corner. So I picked a lot of what I had today. I needed more for the olive oil/salt ratio though. I should have halved that with the amount of kale. Anyway, this is what I did. Oh and they are good!

Kale Chips
Kale- lots
3 T olive oil
1 tsp salt
Mix the oil and salt. Then toss the kale in the oil/salt. Dehydrate for 4-6 hrs on 115 degrees. Mine took a little less than four.

1 comment:

Laurie Constantino said...

Love the kale chips, no doubt about it. They're tasty and addictive. Plus your taster looks like a sweeter. Just wanted to say that for green smoothies, you can also freeze the kale and put it in the Vitamix (which I've seen in your photos) frozen along with the other ingredients. Keeps the smoothie cold and takes no effort. I just wash it, chop it little so it takes up less space, and freeze it. Some people say to blanch the kale first, but I don't bother.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...