Sunday, September 12, 2010

AMAZING nut/seed/fruit mixture

Yesterday we were out and about and had lunch at the grocery store. In one of the aisles I found a product from a company called Back to Nature that was loaded with goodness. The price? Not so much goodness. For one 10 oz package it was $8. Ouch! There was a sale going on for two dollars off and it did have a $1 coupon attached that I could use immediately so I bought it.

After that it was all downhill. I ate almost the entire bag! It was SO good and there were no added anythings. Just nuts, seeds, and dried fruit. I decided that I loved it so much I had to make my own version. The only thing I was missing was the apricots that it called for so I used craisins. No more $8 a bag of Harvest Blend for me!


Ginny's Version of Back to Natures Harvest Blend

1 Cup each sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds(toasted until popped), pecans, raisins, almonds, and craisins
Makes 1lb 13oz of all natural goodness! :)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...