Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Huge Breakfast Cookies

I decided to try something different this morning and made these HUGE breakfast cookies and do you know what.....my kids would not eat them! What is this world coming to? They tasted really good too. I guess the concept of eating cookies for breakfast doesn't mesh with their upbringing. Where as I say- Bring it on!!!
Anyway, these are really good. Not any healthier than pancakes or waffles covered in syrup though. But something different I suppose.

Huge Breakfast Cookies
1/2 C butter
1 C peanut butter
1 1/3 C brown sugar
2 tsp vanilla extract
2 eggs
1/3 C water
1 C white flour
1 C wheat flour
2 C oats- I used old fashioned
1 tsp salt
1 tsp cinnamon
2 tsp baking soda
1 C raisins

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Cream butters and sugar. Add eggs and vanilla and beat until smooth. Add all the dry ingredients and mix well. Then add in the raisins. Scoop onto baking sheets by using a 1/3 C measuring cup. Bake for 18-20 minutes. This makes approximately 14 huge cookies.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...