Friday, April 9, 2010

Peanut butter kissed cookies- healthified a little bit!


I have been wanting to experiment with coconut oil in place of shortening and butter. The first attempt was horrible. I tried to healthify my brownie recipe. I will never do that again!
These turned out much, much better. The Hersheys kisses were on sale after Easter for $.99 so I got some.

Peanut Butter Kissed Cookies
1/2 C coconut oil
3/4 C organic peanut butter
1/3 C organic sugar
1/3 C brown sugar
1 egg
2 T milk
1 tsp vanilla
1 C whole wheat flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt

Cream together the oil and peanut butter. Add the sugars and mix until smooth. Add the egg ad milk and combine. Put in the dry ingredients and mix well. Roll in to balls and bake for 10 minutes at 350 degrees. They try to fall apart so roll gently. Once cooked press a kiss into the top and cool.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...