Saturday, January 9, 2010

My new favorite!


Yesterday I was hungry for something substantial so I decided to experiment and make portabello fajitas. I am in food heaven!!! They were so good that I made them again today for my lunch.
And my sister introduced me to uncooked tortillas that are sold at Costco. You just cook them on a griddle for 30 seconds on each side and you have tortilla perfection that tastes homemade. Plus I could read every ingredient that was in them. Can't beat that!

Portabello Fajitas

1 portabello cap, cut in strips
1/2 bell pepper, sliced
1/2 onion, sliced
2 T olive oil
fajita seasoning (see below)
2 tortillas
lettuce, tomato, and cilantro

In a frying pan cook the portabello, onion, and bell pepper with the olive oil until the onion is translucent. Add some seasoning and some water and cook until thickened. Put in your tortillas and top with lettuce, tomato, and cilantro. Savor the yumminess!!!


Homemade Fajita Seasoning mix
This recipe is enough for 4 servings of the fajita salad

1 T corn starch
¾ tsp chicken bouillon
2 tsp chili powder
½ tsp onion powder
1 tsp salt
¼ tsp garlic
1 tsp paprika
¼ tsp cayenne
1 tsp sugar
¼ tsp cumin

Combine all ingredients in a small bowl.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...