Thursday, October 22, 2009

Triple decker tortilla

I got a new cookbook about a week ago. This is a recipe from it that is both healthy and filling.


Triple decker tortilla-
serves 4 (I doubled it!)

1 C beans, rinsed and drained- it calls for pinto, I used black
1 C salsa
4 6-in corn tortillas
3/4 C frozen corn
1/2 C shredded cheddar or jack
1/2 avocado
1 T fresh cilantro, chopped

Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
Put beans in a bowl and mash them. Then put them in a pan over medium heat for 2 or 3 minutes to heat through. Set aside
Spoon 1/4 C salsa into the bottom of a pie plate. Layer ingredients as follows: 1 tortilla, half the mashed beans, 1 tortilla, all of the corn, 1/4 C cheese, 1/4 C salsa, 1 tortilla, remaining mashed bean mixture, remaining tortilla, and remaining salsa.
Cover with foil and bake for 12 minutes.
Uncover and sprinkle on the remaining cheese.
Bake uncovered for 3 minutes and then top with cilantro and avocado.

2 comments:

Carrie Barrett said...

I tried your recipe for triple decker tortilla. It was good! Me and my husband liked it! I also made a strawberry-rhubarb pie with recipe from another cookbook, and it was amazingly delicious too!Thank you for sharing your recipe Ginny. I'm going to try others things from you :) Keep you posted.....
Carrie

Carrie said...

You made me want to open my blog....

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...