Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Raw Donut Holes


I started my 80% raw diet(which I hate to use that word) about a week ago and I have already lost a considerable number of pounds and found some foods that I really, really like. This one I was a little cautious of. Even halving the recipe just in case it was nasty. But to my delight they were delicious and I think I ate 5 of them for lunch today. Give them a try if you are looking for a healthy snack that will fill you up!

Raw Donut Holes
1 cup almonds, dry (chop in food processor)

1/4 teaspoon sea salt (chop in food processor)

In a bowl mix by hand:
1 vanilla bean, scraped
1 cup dried pineapple, chop
1 cup pitted dates
3 Tablespoons dried shredded coconut

Add the almonds and salt and mix by hand until it all sticks together then form into balls.

Roll the balls in 2 T coconut

And ENJOY!!!

This recipe is one of Ani Phylo's. You can find her website here.

2 comments:

Stef said...

Hmmm. I don't think I will be trying that one out. But good for you!

Nicole said...

I am really interested in finding out how eating raw works for you. When you say an 80% raw diet, do you mean 80% of the fat you eat will come from raw foods or 80% of the food you consume will be raw? Keep us posted :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...