Yesterday I was re-immersing myself into the foodie blog world again and I came across this recipe. I decided to try it for breakfast and am so glad I did. If you click on the recipe title it will take you to the blog I lifted it from. My husband loved it and one of the kids tried it and really liked it too. It was the child that hates Oatmeal Tuesdays- so now I will give her the choice of granola or oatmeal. I will definitely make this one again and again and again.....
- 5 cups rolled oats- I used Bob's Red Mill 5 grain cereal
- 1 cup sliced almonds
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 cup flax seed
- 1 cup wheat germ
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 1 cup honey
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 1 cup raisins
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees
- In a large bowl, mix dry ingredients.
- Heat coconut oil, honey, and peanut butter on medium heat until smooth.
- Evenly pour honey mixture over the dry ingredients and stir until completely combines
- Spread mixture over two large cookie sheets.
Bake for 20 minutes until oats and nuts are toasted. Let stand until cool. Store in an airtight container at room temperature.