While browsing food blogs last week I found this recipe. Even though I already have a favorite chocolate chip cookies recipe I figure it never hurts to try another one! I got all giddy as I scooped out the dough in 1/4 c mounds. I NEVER do that, but for some reason I was compelled to- probably because they are called GIANT cookies. These we will do again and I am bringing some to my friend on Friday but it will have to be a new batch because my family is eating them all!
Giant Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies
Makes 12 huge cookies
2 cups plus 2 Tbsp all-purpose flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon (I won't put the cinnamon in next time though)
12 Tbsp (1 1/2 sticks) unsalted butter, melted cooled until warm
1 c brown sugar, packed
1/2 c granulated sugar
1 large egg plus 1 yolk
2 tsp vanilla extract
1 cup semisweet chocolate chip
1/4 cup white chocolate chips
1. Heat oven to 325 degrees. Line cookie sheets with parchment paper.
2. Whisk dry ingredients together; set aside.
3. With electric mixer, beat butter & sugars until thoroughly combined.
4. Beat in egg, yolk and vanilla until just combined.
5. Add dry ingredients; beat at low speed until combined. Stir in chips.
6. Measure 1/4 cup of dough and roll into ball. Holding dough ball in fingertips of both hands, pull into 2 equal halves. Place dough halves together, ragged side up. Place formed dough onto cookie sheet with about 2 inches in between (the cookies will spread).
7. Bake, reversing position of cookie sheets halfway through baking, until cookies are light golden brown and outer edges start to harden yet centers are still soft and puffy. It took over 20 minutes per cookie sheet- so watch them.
8. Cool cookies on sheets until able to lift without breaking and place on wire rack to cool.