Sunday, August 10, 2008

Pumpkin Scones

My sister (if you are wondering- I have ALOT of siblings) decided to tweak my scones recipe yesterday to make pumpkin scones. I loved her idea so much that I made some myself today and I LOVE them!!! But they've got pumpkin in them so what do you expect?I am pretty confident that they would be even more amazing with pumpkin butter.
Pumpkin Scones
In a small bowl mix:
1/2 c pumpkin puree
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 egg

In another bowl mix:
2 c flour (1/2 white, 1/2 wheat)
1/2 C sugar
1 tsp baking powder
1/8 tsp cream of tartar
1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
1/2 tsp salt

Then cut in:
1/2 C butter
Add 1/4 c raw pumpkin seeds
1/8 C flax seed
Add the wet ingredients to the dry and pat into a flat circle on the counter. Cut into 8 wedges. Bake at 350 for 12- 15 minutes

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...