Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Pumpkin Streusel Muffins


I suppose when you have a perfect recipe there is no need to try others. This is not my perfect pumpkin bread/muffin recipe. It was good, but I think I will stick with the one I have.

Pumpkin Streusel Muffins

1/4 c butter
1/2 c sugar
1/4 c brown sugar
2/3 c pumpkin
1/2 c buttermilk
2 eggs, lightly beaten
2 T molasses
2 C flour (used 1 c white, 1 cup wheat)
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
1/4 tsp salt
Streusel topping:
1/3 c flour
3 T brown sugar
2 T cold butter

Cream butter and sugars. Add wet ingredients and blend well. Add dry ingredients and blend well. Mix streusel topping cutting in butter. Sprinkle on top of muffins. Bake in muffin tins at 375 for 20 minutes.

I added 1/2 c raw pumpkin seeds for more taste.


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...