Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Crockpot Cream Cheese Chicken

Okay this is one of those recipes that will take it's place among the favorite recipes of our family. The kids all loved it and Dallin- my pickiest eater- said I should make it more often. It was really, really good! Crockpot Cream cheese Chicken

--1 can cream-of-something soup
--1/2 cup chicken broth
--frozen chicken pieces
--packet of Italian salad dressing mix
--2 cloves minced garlic
--block of cream cheese (to add later)

Put everything except for the cream cheese into the crockpot. Cook on low for 6 hours, or until the chicken is cooked through and begins to shred. Shred the chicken with two large forks, and mix in the block of cream cheese. Switch the crock to high and cook for another 30 minutes, or until the cream cheese is fully melted.
We served it with brown rice, but you could do pasta too. Just yummy and super easy. Plus if you are in an area where it is hot this summer it doesn't heat up your house! Try it and let me know what you think!


2 comments:

Melinda said...

This is a great idea, Ginny! I lurve looking at recipe blogs, so I will be checking it out often :)

Rachel said...

I made this for dinner tonight, Ginny. It was yummy and everyone ate it (well except for Gavin, I guess ;-) ). It's similar to a stovetop recipe I have made. It was also very easy, which is always good.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...