Thursday, July 17, 2008

Honeydoodles!

I found a website that has a ton of honey recipes and so I have been trying some of them out. These cookies are really light and fluffy.
* Just a note: these cookies are really, really cake like. So if you are expecting gooey-ness that is not this cookie!

Honeydoodles
1/3 cup butter, softened
2/3 cup honey
1 egg
1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
3/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon cream of tartar
1/4 teaspoon salt
Prepared cinnamon-sugar


Beat butter until light and then add honey beating until light and creamy. Add egg. Combine flour, baking soda, cream of tartar, and salt and then add it to the wet ingredients. I refrigerated the dough at this point because I melted the butter. So if the dough is too sticky you may want to do the same for about an hour. Roll in 1 in balls and then roll in cinnamon sugar mixture. Bake at 375 for 7-10 minutes. Watch the cookies to make sure they don't burn though. I think next time I will try baking at 350 for 10 minutes and see. But I currently have a ghetto oven, so I have to watch them!
Makes about 3 dozen
cal- 57, fat- 2g, fiber-<1g,>

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...