Saturday, September 4, 2010

Homemade Egg Noodles


The rain continues to pour down here in Alaska. We've had record breaking rainfall all summer. These kind of days make me want to cook. So cook is just what I decided to do. I was browsing the Pioneer Woman's site (love her!) and found a comfort food for Homemade Chicken and Noodles. I decided to make it for family dinner tomorrow.

Her recipe called for frozen egg noodles. I didn't have any so I decided to try my hand at making my own. They turned out amazing and the kids loved them with only butter on them. I made up the soup today and so tomorrow the flavors should be amazing! You can find the soup recipe here. 

Homemade Egg Noodles

4 eggs
2 Cups flour
In a bowl mix the eggs and flour with your hands until blended. Turn out onto a floured surface and knead more flour in until the dough is soft and elastic- not sticky. Let it rest for 10-15 minutes. Roll out as thin as you possibly can. Cook in salted boiling water for about 2 minutes- they could really fast. Enjoy with your favorite sauce, in a soup or with a little butter on top.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...