Thursday, February 7, 2013

Cinnamon Honey Graham Crackers


I am LOVING all the recipes I am finding that have no refined sugars in them. It is making my life much easier in the healthy eating department. I bet that soon I will have an entire collection which will make the transition very smooth. These were so good! And so easy to throw together. We even cut some into squares and they are in the freezer with maple whipped cream tucked between two of them to make 'ice cream' sandwiches.



Cinnamon Honey Graham Crackers
INGREDIENTS:
  • 2 cups whole wheat flour
  • 1 teaspoon cinnamon
  • 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
  • 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1/2 cup butter, melted
  • 1/2 cup honey
METHOD:
1. Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Mix together flour, cinnamon, baking powder, and baking soda.
3. Mix the butter and honey together in a separate bowl, and then add into the dry ingredients.
4. Mix well (I used my mixer, but you can mix by hand easily) and drop onto a greased, parchment-lined baking sheet.
5. Roll or press with your hands, out to the corners with a rolling-pin.  (You could also roll out and cut with cookie cutters).
6. Bake for 8-10 minutes at 400 degrees. Watch carefully to avoid burning them.
7. Cut quickly when they come out of the oven. I used a pastry cutter on mine, but they would be so cute cut out with cookie cutters!
Optional add-in: TRY 1/3 C OF COCOA TO MAKE THEM CHOCOLATEY…

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...