I am forever looking for a good carrot cake. FOREVER! I don't want one with weird things in it like nuts and pineapple and raisins. I wanted it to be moist but not so dense that you could kill someone if you threw it at them. Then my husband found this one that we tweaked a little bit and I do believe we have found the BEST carrot cake ever. Well, at least the best one I have ever had.
Best Carrot Cake Ever
- 2 c sugar
- 1 1/4 c oil
- 4 large eggs
- 2 c flour- use cake flour fora lighter cake.
- 2 tsp baking soda
-1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 Tbsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp salt- 3 c grated carrots
- 12 oz powdered sugar
- 2 3 oz. cream cheese room temp
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 Tbsp butter- 2 Tbsp milk
Directions1. In large bowl, beat sugar and oil. Add eggs and beat well.
2. Sift together flour, soda, cinnamon, and salt into egg mixture; mix well; fold in carrots and nuts.
3. Place batter in greased 9x13 pan; bake for 45 minutes in a 350 oven. (Check once because of oven variances.)
4. FROSTING: Beat together powdered sugar, cream cheese, vanilla, butter and milk; spread on cooled carrot cake.