Saturday, April 30, 2011

Mango Sweet Rice

Quite a while back my sister, Marissa, brought this rice to family dinner. I fell in love with it almost immediately. But in the overflowing collection of recipes I have this one got lost until yesterday when I realized I had all four magic ingredients to make this divine yumminess. So good, so simple!

Mango Sweet Rice
1/2 C coconut milk
1/2 C sugar
4 C cooked rice
1 or 2 fresh mangoes, chopped

In a pan heat the coconut milk and sugar until the sugar is completely dissolved. Pour over the cooked rice. The rice can be warm or cold it doesn't really matter. Add the chopped mangoes. Let it sit for a little while, giving it a stir so all the juice gets fully incorporated into the rice. Then enjoy! Because it is good enough to enjoy!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...