Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Coconut Shrimp Salad with Honey Mustard Vinaigrette

I just had the best dinner I have had in the history of the last 4 months or so. SOOOOO good!!! So good infact, that I was sneaking bits from the bowl of my 12 yr old when she wasn't looking. Bwahahaha!!!
I got the original idea from Gina over at Skinnytaste. Hers called for chicken and I changed it to shrimp. It was seriously so good that I convinced the pickiest eater in the house to eat some and he ate two bowls! SUCCESS!!!


Coconut Shrimp Salad with Honey Mustard Vinaigrette.

16 oz shrimp- precooked and take the tails off
6 T unsweetened coconut (I get this in the bulk bins at the store)
1/4 C panko bread crumbs
2 T crushed corn flakes
1/3 C egg substitute or egg whites
pinch salt
cooking spray

Green leaf lettuce, the entire head chopped
1 large carrot shredded
1/2 zucchini, chopped

Vinaigrette
1 T olive oil
1 T honey
1 T white vinegar
2 tsp dijon mustard

Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
Combine the coconut, panko, corn flakes and salt in a bowl. In another bowl put the egg. Dip the shrimp in the egg and then in the crumb mixture. Put on a cookie sheet that has been sprayed with cooking spray.
Bake for about 20 minutes or until the coating is starting to brown. You can turn them over if you like but I liked the crispy on one side.
In a small bowl combine the ingredients for the vinaigrette and mix well.
Once shrimp is done add lettuce, zucchini and carrot in a bowl. Top with shrimp and 1 T dressing.
IT IS SO GOOD!!!!

And here is a closer shot just so you can see it closer. LOL :)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...