Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Flax seed crackers

I love trying to make new things that are healthy. These are so good, especially with Adam's all natural peanut butter on top and VERY filling. The recipe I tweaked said to 'cook' them in a dehydrater, which I did. But I won't do that next time because it took forever and I am not really a total raw naturalist. I will experiment with the oven next time. I had one of these for breakfast and it was so good I decided on another one for snack this afternoon.

Flax Seed Crackers

1 1/8 C water
1 C flax seed
1/3 C sesame seeds
1/8 tsp salt
1/4 C raisins
1/4 C dried cranberries
Mix all ingredients in a bowl and let sit for 20 minutes so the mixture can become a little gelatinous from the flax seed. Spread onto a baking sheet or onto a dehydrator tray lined with parchment paper. If dehydrating do it on 105 for about 3 hours and then flip it over and score in to 10 pieces. Place it back in the dehydrator and continue for 5-6 hrs.
In the oven I'll probably do 350 degrees for about 20 min or so.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...