Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Black Bean Burritos





I was leafing through my copy of our old family cookbook. It was compiled back in 1998 and my cover has since fallen off. It also has pages that are barely holding on and a few that are no longer holding on but just tucked between other pages. I LOVE this cookbook.


I was looking for something to make for dinner tonight and came across my sister's, Tracie, black bean burritos recipe. It would actually be considered an enchilada as opposed to a burrito but that is really a moot point. They are super good and super, SUPER easy! Everyone enjoyed them and the pan is almost completely empty. There is one left that I am hoping to have for lunch tomorrow. So, of course, I had to share. My only regret? Not having tried this recipe years ago!


Black Bean Burritos (aka enchiladas)

2 C black beans, cooked and rinsed
1 can corn, drained
1 carrot, grated
abt 1/2 C cheddar cheese
1 can tomato sauce
1 pkg taco seasoning
Olives
1/2 C cheddar (yes, another one!)
flour tortillas (abt 10 of the 6 in ones)

Combine the tomato sauce and taco seasoning. In another bowl combine the beans, corn, carrot, and cheese. Put half of the tomato sauce mixture inthe bottom of a 9x13 in pan. Scoop out the bean mixture into the center of each tortilla-about 1/4 C in amount. Roll up the tortillas and place in the pan. Top with remaining sauce, cheese and olives. Bake at 350 degrees for about 20-30 minutes or until heated through.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...