Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Paleo Dark Chocolate Chip Cookies


I'm not really ALL about the new Paleo diet that is taking the world by storm. I just don't agree with some of the things about it. For one I am totally not into raw meat like some Paleos are doing and I also think that whole grains are a beautiful thing if used in moderation. That being said, I have found some really good recipes on Paleo websites and have fallen in love with them. I am on day 16 without any refined sugars in my diet. All I am allowing myself for sweeteners is real fruits, honey and 100% maple syrup. I actually feel really, really good and have tossed around the idea of never going back to white sugars and all their offspring.

There are times like today when I just needed something sweet and so I decided to make this recipe that I came across. Unlike some other paleo cookies I have made these kept their shape and taste amazing!

Paleo Dark Chocolate Chip Cookies

2 1/2 C almond flour
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 egg
1/4 c coconut oil
2 T honey
4 T mini dark chocolate chips (preferably 62% or higher cacao)

Preheat oven to 350 degrees
Combine the flour, salt and soda. Add the egg, oil, and honey  until dough forms. Stir in the chips.
Scoop onto cookie sheets with a cookie scoop. I used one that was about a tablespoon.
Bake for 8-10 minutes.

Now this is important: Once you take them from the oven and transfer to a wire rack let them sit for about 15 minutes before eating them. Trust me!

Makes about 22 cookies depending on size

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...