Friday, July 19, 2013

Strawberry Rhubarb Refrigerator Jam- NO REFINED SUGAR


I basically stopped eating jam a long time ago and I really missed it, but because of SO MUCH refined sugar in it I just couldn't do it. Then I stumbled across this recipe that one of my friends posted on Facebook and the love burn back into a flame again. This stuff is so good. I had toast with a little butter and this jam on it and I am trying not to go and eat a while loaf of bread with it smeared on now.The bonus was that I went out the morning I made it and picked the rhubarb and strawberries fresh. I love gardening!

Strawberry Rhubarb Refrigerator Jam
1 1/3 C strawberries
2/3 c rhubarb, chopped
2 T raw honey or pure maple syrup
2 T chia seeds

Place all ingredients in a blender and blend until desired consistency. Put in a pint sized jar over night in the refrigerator and enjoy in the morning. You can add extra diced fruit if you want it chunkier.

Also you can use ANY 2 cups of fruit for this jam. You don't have to use strawberries and rhubarb

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...