Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Chewy Honey Oatmeal Cookies



My collection of recipes I feel are relatively 'safe' to eat is getting bigger and it makes me more comfortable with the lifestyle of no refined sugars. It is hard to change to that in this world we live in. There is so much crap added to everything that sometimes it is hard to tell and I am thinking that's why it is important to pray over your food. :)

Here is one that the kids loved. And so did I. I used dark chocolate chips which are not technically 'no refined sugars', but I can read all the ingredients on the package and know what they are. These would be really good with raisins though and I will try that next time I make them.

Chewy Honey Oatmeal Cookies
1/2 C butter, softened
3/4 C honey
1 large egg
1 tsp vanilla
2 C oats- I used old fashioned rolled oats
1 C whole wheat flour
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 tsp baking powder
1 C dark chocolate chips

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
Cream the butter and honey. Add the egg and vanilla mixing until smooth. Add the dry ingredients and then stir in the chocolate chips.
Bake for 10-12 minutes until the cookies are golden brown. Remove from the overn and let them cool on the pan for about 2 minutes. Then cool on a rack.

Optional alternative: add 1 tsp cinnamon and 1 C raisins in place of the chocolate chips for oatmeal raisin cookies!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...