Saturday, February 13, 2010

Cinnamon Roll Sugar cookies

 The picture had to be the biggest that I could make it! So HEAVENLY!!!
This one is not my brain child. I have to give credit to Picky Palate. I have never had a better sugar cookie!

Cinnamon Roll Sugar Cookies
Your favorite or use mine-
1 1/2 C butter, softened
2 C sugar
4 eggs
1 tsp vanilla
5 C flour
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
Mix the butter and sugar until smooth. Add the eggs and vanilla. Mix well. Add in the dry ingredients and then chill for a few hours.
After it has chilled take it out and roll it into a large rectangle. Spread butter all over it and then sprinkle brown sugar and cinnamon. Roll up the rectangle and slice cookies about 1/4-1/2 in thick. Place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
Bake at 400 degrees for 10 minutes.
Cool on a rack and then frost with your favorite cream cheese icing.
My cream cheese icing was:
8 oz cream cheese
1 C powdered sugar
1 tsp vanilla
1/4 c water
Mix until smooth










4 comments:

Stacie said...

I'm thinking this is going to be the cooking project with the kids for tomorrow. They look absolutely delicious. Yum Thanks for sharing!!!
Stacie

Jessica said...

um yeah...when I am done with my no treats thing, I am totally making these!

Mary, CookEatShare Author Support said...

I’d like to personally invite you to join the CookEatShare Author network. CookEatShare has had over 2.5 million unique visitors in 2009, and I think they will be interested in your content. Users will be guided to your actual blog, so this is a free way to increase page views and visitors to your site.

Please visit http://cookeatshare.com/blogs/apply for additional information or contact me at mary@cookeatshare.com for more information, to get unique link to claim and customize your profile.

Debbie said...

I must have these cookies!!! They look soooo good. You are right--heavenly!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...