The recipe comes from Taste of Home and was featured as one of their countdown cookies at Christmas time. Worth making- trust me- it is really is!!!
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- FUDGE FILLING:
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Chopped peanuts
Directions:In a large mixing bowl, cream the butter, peanut butter and sugars. Beat in egg and vanilla. Combine the flour, baking soda and salt Gradually add to creamed mixture. Chill for 1 hour.
Shape into 48 balls, 1 in. each. Place in lightly greased mini-muffin tins. Bake at 325° for 14-16 minutes or until lightly browned. Using the end of a wooden spoon handle, make a 3/8- to 1/2-in.-deep indentation in the center of each ball. Cool in pans for 5 minutes, before removing to wire racks to cool completely.
For filling, in a microwave or small saucepan melt chocolate chips. Stir in milk and vanilla until smooth. Fill each shell with filling. Sprinkle with peanuts. (Leftover filling can be stored in the refrigerator and served warm over ice cream.) Yield: 4 dozen.