Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Oatmeal Cake


This morning there was an insane amount of oatmeal left after breakfast was said and done. Having three sick kids that didn't eat probably was the reason. And one of the healthy ones can't stand oatmeal. SO I scoured allrecipes and found a recipe that I altered a bit to fit the need of prepared oatmeal and what resulted was this hearty, comfort cake that I want to eat all of!
Go here for the original recipe or enjoy my version!

Oatmeal Cake
2 C prepared oatmeal
1/2 C butter
3/4 C brown sugar
3/4 C white sugar
2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp cinnamon
1 1/2 C flour- I did 1 c wheat, 1/2 c white
1/4 c raisins
1/4 c craisins

Cream together butter and sugars. Add the eggs and beat well. Add the oatmeal and vanilla and mix thoroughly. Add the dry ingredients. Stir in the raisins and craisins. Bake at 350 for 30 minutes or until a tester inserted comes out clean.
I think I will add pecans next time. It is really good with out any frosting but would be great with cream cheese frosting too!

1 comment:

Jodi said...

This looks so delicious! I like the idea of adding craisins.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...