Monday, October 13, 2008

Kissed Pumpkin Snickerdoodles



Since I found out about the pumpkin spice Hershey's kisses the wheels in my brain have been turning trying to figure out a way to use them in cookies. I saw another recipe website where a lady made the cookies out of a cake mix and then pressed the kisses in the middle. I guess I am a cake snob because cake mixes taste completely chemical to me, so that was not an option.

Then I thought about altering my peanut butter doodle recipe, but quickly shot that idea down because I am not quite so sure that peanut butter and pumpkin really should go together- however, I may change my mind on that one later!

Then on Sunday my SIL called me looking for my snickerdoodle recipe and these cookies were born!!! And what a birthday it is- so incredibly good. I would almost say that the kisses by themselves are too rich, but when they are cuddled into these cookies they are amazing.

KISSED PUMPKIN SNICKERDOODLES-

1/2 cup butter, softened
1/2 cup pumpkin puree
1 1/2 cups white sugar
2 eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
2 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
2 tsp pumpkin pie spiec
2 teaspoons cream of tartar
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt

1/4 C white sugar
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
DIRECTIONS:
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
Cream together butter, pumpkin, 1 1/2 cups sugar, the eggs and the vanilla. Blend in the flour, cream of tartar, pie spice, soda and salt. You might want to chill it for about an hour at this point. It makes them easier to roll into balls. Shape dough by rounded spoonfuls into balls.
Mix the sugar and the cinnamon. Roll balls of dough in mixture. Place 2 inches apart on ungreased baking sheets.
Bake 8 to 10 minutes, or until set but not too hard. Remove immediately from baking sheets.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...