Thursday, September 11, 2008

Spinach Artichoke Soup

If you like to order at a restaraunt, or even make for that matter, spinach artichoke dip than this soup is for you. It is so good I have been having it for lunch for three days.

Spinach Artichoke Soup
1 C leeks, sliced
1 T garlic, minced
2 C cooked chicken, chopped or shredded
1 can artichoke hearts in water, drained and quartered
2 T flour
3 C chicken broth
1 1/2 C milk
1/2 C heavy cream
6 oz fresh spinach
1/2 C grated parmesan
Saute leeks and garlic in oil. Cook until leeks are soft, then add chicken and artichokes. Saute 2 minutes then stir in flour and cook 1 min.

Add chicken broth, milk, and cream and bring to a low boil. Reduce heat to low and add spinach and parmesan. Stir until spinach wilts. Season with salt and pepper. Makes 8 cups.

2 comments:

Joanne Brown said...

Hey Ninny - just to let you know that you won the auction on my site for the British candy. Not sure that you knew :) Anyhoo - if you pay through NieNie's paypal account, then send me a copy of the receipt along with your address I'll mail the goodies out to you. Joannebrown@mindless.com

Joanne Brown said...

Hi Ninny - just to let you know that I received your message with your addy. I'm not sure what happened to the other message - probably flying around in the ether somewhere, lol! I didn't receive the paypal receipt, but I trust you :) so I'll get the goodies to you at the beginning of the week. Many thanks, joanne :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...