Friday, August 15, 2008

Pumpkin Sugar Cookie Perfection

I think I may need to take a pumpkin sabbatical for the month of September. My kids are getting a little sick of it, although I could continue in force for quite some time!
I altered my sugar cookie recipe and the result was pumpkin sugar cookie perfection! These are amazing. I can't believe no one else has thought of them yet. Pumpkin Sugar Cookies

1 cup butter, softened
1/2 C pumpkin
2 cups white sugar
4 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
5 cups all-purpose flour
2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon salt

Preheat oven to 400 degrees
Cream together butter, pumpkin and sugar until smooth.
Beat in eggs and vanilla. Stir in the flour, baking powder,pumpkin pie spice and salt.
Cover, and chill dough for at least one hour (or overnight is what I did).
Roll out dough on floured surface 1/2 inch thick. Cut into shapes with any cookie cutter. Bake on ungreased cookie sheets.
Bake 6 to 8 minutes in preheated oven. Cool completely.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...