Sunday, August 3, 2008

Honey Pumpkin Pie

Today Makenna wanted to make something yummy and decided that she wanted to make a pumpkin pie. I thought- Bonus! because I had a honey one I wanted to try. This pie is really good! I wish we would've had some cool whip to go with it, but we didn't. I think I am going to alter the spices a bit next time, but the texture was perfect. I will definitely make this one again. Honey Pumpkin Pie
3 eggs
1 pastry for single 9-inch pie crust
3/4 cup honey
1 can (15 oz.) canned pumpkin
1 cup evaporated milk
2 Tablespoons flour (used whole wheat)
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ginger
1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
1/2 teaspoon salt

Preheat oven to 425°F. In a medium bowl, beat eggs. Brush one teaspoon beaten egg on inside of pie crust. Place crust on a cookie sheet and bake for 5 minutes. Meanwhile, add the rest of the ingredients to remaining beaten eggs and whisk to combine. Remove pie crust from oven and carefully pour honey pumpkin mixture into hot crust; bake 5 minutes more at 425°F. Reduce heat to 350°F, and bake 30 to 40 minutes more, until filling is set. Cool completely and serve with Honey Whipped Cream. Makes 8 servings.
Protein: 7 g Fat Total: 9 g Sodium: 209 mg Carbohydrates: 46 g Calories from Fat: 27% Cholesterol: 82 mg Calories: 284 Dietary Fiber: 2 g

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...