Thursday, July 31, 2008

Blueberry Pumpkin Pound Cake

If I lived in a world were it was perpetual Autumn I will be in a constant state of bliss. The colors of the leaves and the smell of the harvest. The hot chocolatey mornings and the aroma of pumpkin desserts filling the air. Just thinking about it makes me wish for a longer season than the one we get here in Alaska. However, this summer has been the same temperature as our Autumns and so I have had no qualms about baking the pumpkin treats that I love so much, even though it is still July.
This recipe is by far my favorite pumpkin dessert. I make it EVERY year and have to share at least half of it or else I would eat it all. This morning I pulled it out and decided to healthify it. I will post the original recipe and then my alterations next to the like ingredients. It turned out moist and filled the house with the wonderful smell of Autumn- pumpkin, cinnamon, and nutmeg! Yummm!


Blueberry Pumpkin Pound Cake-
3 c flour (I used 1/2 white, 1/2 wheat)
4 tsp baking pwd
1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/3 tsp nutmeg
1/4 tsp each- salt, baking soda, cloves
3/4 c butter, softened
1 c sugar (organic sugar)
3/4 c brown sugar (honey)
1 tsp vanilla
3 eggs
1 1/3 c pumpkin puree
1/3 c sour cream (plain fat free yogurt)
1/2 c milk (fat free)
2 c blueberries

Grease and flour a 10 in tube pan. Preheat oven to 325 degrees
Combine flour and next six ingredients. In another bowl cream
butter, vanilla and sugars. Add eggs one at a time. Add pumpkin
and sour cream and mix well, then combine the pumpkin mixture
with the dry ingredients alternating with the milk. Fold in blueberries.
Bake for 1 hr 15 min

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...